ANNESHA FOUNDATION (AF)
Section One –Education Program
1.1 Basic Education for HARD TO REACH Urban Working Children:
Under the jurisdiction of Education Department of Annesha Foundation, the Basic Education Project (Second Phase) for Hard to Reach Urban Working Children has been implemented in the fiscal year 2007-2008. There are 4 stages in the in the project. The first, second and third stages have been implemented in the fiscal year 2007-2008. The activities of fourth
stage have been started from 1st July, 2008. The overall information about the implemented 3 stages and ongoing 4th stage is as follows:
01. Area-wise number of education centers:
02. Area-wise number of learners:
03. Stage-wise number of teachers, Supervisors and Assistant Coordinators:
04. Stage-wise duration of the Project:
Section Two - Training and Human Resource Development
2.1. Training: Activities
1. Regular Training Programs are provided for developing the skill of staffs of Annesha Foundation.
2. Training programs are provided for developing the skill of the newly appointed staff of the organization.
3. Training programs are provided to the staff of other organizations as an income generating activities.
4. To let the training hall, dormitories, training equipment and supply different kinds of food as an income generating activities.
5. Accounts of income and expenditure.
6. Training for MFTS Program.
Introduction: Annesha Foundation (AF) has started its training activities with a training hall and a dormitory with 31 seats (30 general seats and I VIP seat) from November, 2006 renting 4 floors of a house ( 43/3 Senpara Parbata, Mirpur- 10, Dhaka – 1216). The information about the activities for the year 2007-2008 is given below:
The detailed information of the program is given below:
1. Regular Training Program for the skill development of the staff of Annesha Foundation:-
For the skill development of the staffs of Annesha Foundation, regular training programs were organized. The information up to March 2007 about the training program of the staffs is given with the following table:
2. Training Program organized for the newly appointed staff of Annesha Foundation:
The newly appointed staffs of Annesha Foundation were given Orientation training. The information up to March 2007 about the training program is given with the following table:
3. As a source of income generating program for Annesha Foundation Training Program for
the Staffs of other organizations were organized:
Letters have been sent to more than 100 NGOs inviting them to send their staffs to attend the training program on Savings and Micro Credit Management. Besides this, advertisement is published in the Daily Ittefaq. In the meanwhile, some NGOs have communicated with us. This kind of Training Program will be a income generating program of Annesha Foundation.
4. Accounts on income and Expenditure:
The accounts of the capital and profit will be given by the Account Department of Annesha Foundation (AF).
5. Information about Training on MFTS Program: 395 members got training in 16 batches on MFTS Program in Nobogram, Nalchiti, Shohagdol and Gopalgonj Branch. The information is given with the following table:
222The training was not organized since fund was not available.
The income and expenditure of the Training Department:
µ Result of the training activities.
- The concerned staff members have earned expertise in respective working fields.
- Trained-up new staff members have understood the organizational activities and organizational rules and regulations.
- Data and information have been updated in different stages of the organization.
- The beneficiaries have been skilled and conscious.
- Skills and working capabilities of the staff members increased in their own working fields.
Section Three – Income Generating Activities:
3.1. Formation of Samities, Members and Savings
t Introduction of the Project :
Annesha Foundation has been working for the neglected, underprivileged, disadvantaged and exploited classes of people, since May 27, 1989 in rural areas and has been providing motivation, education, training and awareness building activities for their integrated development. 5 members formed a group and 4 to 6 groups formed a samity. A samity consisting of 4 groups and or 20 members is registered under Annesha Foundation (AF). For group management, a committee consisting of 6 members (1 chairperson, 1 secretary, 1 treasurer and 3 members) is elected/ selected. The group members sit in their regular meetings weekly. In the meeting they discuss about their present situation, try to identify their problems, find out probable solution and deposit money for their economic development in future. As on 30 June 2008, 2242 groups consisting of 29,326 members were formed, who accumulated Tk.44, 316,364 as savings.
t Strategies of Project implementation:
- Organizing men and women through continuous motivation
- Awareness building through development oriented discussions.
- Bringing changes in knowledge, skills and attitudes through training.
- Weekly and special savings accumulation from respective group members.
Objectives of the Project:
- Strengthening of unity and solidarity among the group members.
- Providing continuous motivation for creating sustainable development in the livelihood.
- Raising capital with the savings of the group members.
- Inspiring members for undertaking income and employment oriented activities.
- Motivating members not to take loan from local moneylenders in their bad times.
- Encouraging women to work side by side their husbands.
- Empowering by increasing awareness and building self-confident among women group members.
- Building democratic and accountable organization which could be used as platform to
raise their voice and assert their rights.
- Establishing women’s prestige and dignity in family, society and national level.
Formation of Groups/Samitys:
One of the strategies of activity-implementation is formation of small groups/samities with poor people. So far from inception, Annesha Foundation (AF) has organized 2,239 groups consisting of 29,188 members as on 30 June 2007. A year-wise statement of group formation has been shown above in graph – 1 for last 12 years.
Last 14 (1995 – 2008) years comparative progress of group formation is shown below both with the following table and graph:
The information about the increase of groups/samitys for 14 years is presented with the following column graph.
The number of members based on years is presented with the following table.
Information about the increase of member up-to 14 years are presented with the following column chart:
The organized groups sit in the regular weekly meeting and discuss on their socio-economic condition. For their own economic development, they deposit their savings in the regular meeting. As on 30th June 2007, their total accumulated amount is Tk. 46,823,000. This savings amount is kept with Annesha Foundation (AF). Annesha Foundation (AF) invests
this fund and in return Annesha Foundation pays interest to members against their saving deposits at the rate of Taka.6% annually. The members’ savings has been shown in graph below for last 14 years. The Taka has been shown in thousand.
Project-based Samity/Group Member, Savings outstanding and Loan Outstanding t
Project- wise Loan Disbursement and Realization for the FY 200-2008:
t Results of the Savings and Credit Programs.
a. Consciousness built among the group members.
b. Unity and solidarity increased among group members.
c. Leadership quality developed among group members.
d. Members became habituated to savings and saved money regularly.
e. Self-confidence increased among the group members with regards to changing their own fate.
f. Members are earning some extra income from own income generating activities (IGAs).
g. Members are fulfilling their family needs from their own income and are investing in incomegeneration activities
© 2013 Annesha
Fax : 88-02-9005638
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org