Safe Water and Sanitation Program:
Annesha Foundation (AF) received a fund from NGO Foundation for Pure Water and Sanitation Project. Annesha Foundation received Taka. 200,000.00 for this project. The project is completed successfully.
Making people aware and building habit of using pure water and defecating and urinating in safe surrounded places for health environment.
- Distribution of rings, slabs and latrines at the cost price.
- Creating awareness about use of pure water and sanitation.
- Ensuring that every family has the sanitation products.
Kishoreganj Sadar Upazila, Gopalgonj Sadar Upazila.
- The sanitation materials such as 55 sanitary latrines have been produced and distributed.
- 8 tube-wells have been installed with platforms in the houses of the beneficiaries.
- 5000 posters have been printed and posted on different places of the operational area of the
- 3 meetings/workshops on awareness building and inspiration about pure water and sanitation for local elites and teachers of schools and Madrashas were organized.
-35 meetings were organized for the members of the samitys to inspire and aware them of use of
pure water and sanitation.
Results of the Project:
- Local community people have accustomed to using surrounded sanitary latrines.
- The number of users of sanitary latrines increased.
- Diarrhea, dysentery, stomach, cholera etc. have been decreased.
- Awareness about use of pure water increased.
© 2009 Annesha Foundation,
Fax : 88-02-9005638